Monthly musical event starting near Forest Gate cafes and pub
A monthly musical event is starting in Forest Gate this Sunday after a cafe and a community shop have proven popular.
The jamming sessions which will be held on the last Sunday of every month will take place on the square outside Coffee7 and Number 8 Forest Gate on Sebert Road, off Woodgrange Road.
Everyone are urged to bring their instruments along for the event which will coincide with a monthly Sunday market - a smaller version of the market currently being held on the square every Friday and Saturday.
The music event is being organised by shop manager and jewellery maker Jeff Levi of Number 8 Forest Gate.
It comes as the former Railway Tavern pub opposite Forest Gate station is set to open in about six weeks time, according to market traders.
You may also want to watch:
The pub, which is undergoing a complete renovation inside, was recently bought up by the trendy pub company Antic London. It will be close to Caffeine, another smart cafe which opened at the beginning of the year.
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 4 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 5 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 6 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 7 Tokyo or bust for Newham Beagles and Olympic hero Sir Mo Farah
- 8 Charting Jack the Ripper's 'rival' in the West Ham murders
- 9 How Ben Levinson OBE has helped turn around Kensington Primary School
- 10 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration