Month of moustache growing raises money for charity
- Credit: Archant
Police and letting agents raise almost £2500 for Movember
What do police officers and letting agents have in common?
It sounds like the start of a bad joke, but both have been growing facial hair for the past month to raise money for charity.
Newham’s Borough Commander Rob Jones was among the officers growing moustaches for Movember.
He said: “I am delighted Newham Police have entered into the spirit of Movember, with such enthusiasm – men and women alike!”
You may also want to watch:
Female officers joined in by wearing colourful fabric moustaches to help the force raise £1450.
Staff at David Daniels Property Services sported a range of different looks throughout the month.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 10 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
The Stratford-based company raised £1000 with their efforts.
Movember supports world class men’s health programmes that combat prostate and testicular cancer as well as mental health challenges.