Month of moustache growing raises money for charity
- Credit: Archant
Police and letting agents raise almost £2500 for Movember
What do police officers and letting agents have in common?
It sounds like the start of a bad joke, but both have been growing facial hair for the past month to raise money for charity.
Newham’s Borough Commander Rob Jones was among the officers growing moustaches for Movember.
He said: “I am delighted Newham Police have entered into the spirit of Movember, with such enthusiasm – men and women alike!”
Female officers joined in by wearing colourful fabric moustaches to help the force raise £1450.
Staff at David Daniels Property Services sported a range of different looks throughout the month.
- 1 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 2 Ex-nurse laid decomposing 'on display' after Met Police searches missed body in flat
- 3 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 4 Leyton Orient 'got away with one' at Crawley says Wellens
- 5 West Ham 'couldn't get near' City says Moyes
- 6 Coroner slams 'scandalous' failures after woman laid dead for two years
- 7 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
- 8 Motorist who 'appeared to be driving at other vehicles' in Essex arrested
- 9 'Hello Mum' - WhatsApp scammers posing as children steal over £1.5m
- 10 We need a couple of bodies says Leyton Orient boss Wellens
The Stratford-based company raised £1000 with their efforts.
Movember supports world class men’s health programmes that combat prostate and testicular cancer as well as mental health challenges.