Month of moustache growing raises money for charity
- Credit: Archant
Police and letting agents raise almost £2500 for Movember
What do police officers and letting agents have in common?
It sounds like the start of a bad joke, but both have been growing facial hair for the past month to raise money for charity.
Newham’s Borough Commander Rob Jones was among the officers growing moustaches for Movember.
He said: “I am delighted Newham Police have entered into the spirit of Movember, with such enthusiasm – men and women alike!”
You may also want to watch:
Female officers joined in by wearing colourful fabric moustaches to help the force raise £1450.
Staff at David Daniels Property Services sported a range of different looks throughout the month.
- 1 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 2 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 3 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 4 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 5 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 6 Free cultural events and family activities in the Royal Docks announced
- 7 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 8 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 9 RuPaul's Drag Race UK star Bimini Bon Boulash makes Covid-19 jabs call at London Stadium pop-up clinic
- 10 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
The Stratford-based company raised £1000 with their efforts.
Movember supports world class men’s health programmes that combat prostate and testicular cancer as well as mental health challenges.