Mohammad wins Newham’s Junior Fitness Challenge
A teenager has won three months gym membership after competing in a fitness challenge.
Mohammad Hannan,15, won first place in the junior fitness challenge to travel 300K in the fastest time, by competing the distance in 4 minutes and 50 seconds during last month’s Mayor’s Newham Town Show.
More than 30 members of leisure staff engaged with over 800 people by running fitness challenges, competitions, exercise class taster sessions and face painting sessions.
Mohammad from Royal Docks Community School in Custom House was one of the hundreds of people that took part in the Newham Leisure Centres’ fitness challenges. He was awarded 3 months’ Free Membership to use at any of the Newham Leisure Centres.
Mohammad, who aspires to be part of a premier league football academy some day, said: “I couldn’t believe I won when I got the phone call. I visited the Newham Leisure Centres’ colourful activity area at the Town Show with some friends, and I am shocked that I beat all of them in the fitness challenge.”
You may also want to watch:
ad Hannan, from Royal Docks Community School in Newham, was one of the hundreds of people that took part in the Newham Leisure Centres’ fitness challenges at the two-day event held at Central Park.
Garry Parker, Partnership Manager for Newham, said “I was delighted to meet Mohammad, who came first out of around 100 challengers who took part in the fitness challenges. The Town Show is always a really successful event for the Newham Leisure Centres, where we engage with the local community and raise awareness about the health and fitness options available on peoples’ doorstep. Our staff pulled out all stops and encouraged locals to get involved by dressing up in super hero costumes, running competitions, lifeguarding the beach area, and providing face painting.”
- 1 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 2 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 8 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
- 9 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation