Missing teens could be in Newham
- Credit: Archant
Police believe two missing Sussex teenagers could be in Newham.
Sussex police have extended their search for Chloe James, 15, and Starlene Dempsey, 12, to the capital amid mounting worries for their welfare.
Chloe was dropped off at Seaford railway station on Sunday at around midday and had a return ticket to Lewes where she was expected to meet a friend.
A police officer spoke to her on Sunday and she said she would be returning home, but has failed to do so.
She is thought to be with Starlene, who went missing after leaving an address in Portslade on Sunday and has not returned to her home in Crawley.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector Lee Horner said: “Both girls have gone missing before and from previous experience, we believe that they may be putting themselves at serious risk due to the people they are likely to associate with.
“We have information that they are thought to be in the Newham or Tower Hamlets area of London and two Sussex officers have travelled to the capital to link with colleagues in the Metropolitan Police who are assisting with the search.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 3 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 5 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 6 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Jackett 'frustrated' with Mansfield Town draw
- 9 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 10 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services
“I would urge the girls or anyone who knows where they are to contact police now on 101 quoting serial 1385 of 27/04 (Sussex). If they are in danger or need medical assistance, please dial 999 immediately.”