Michael Jackson’s costumes coming to Westfield Stratford City
Exclusive items from Michael Jackson’s wardrobe will be on display for a month at Westfield Stratford City.
Costume designers Dennis Tompkins and Michael Bush, who worked closely with the King of Pop for more than 25 years, are bringing a collection of personal and concert tour outfits to the shopping complex on October 5 for the UK-leg of a worldwide tour.
Called ‘The Collection of Tompkins & Bush: Michael Jackson Wardrobe’, the exhibit will feature dozens of iconic costumes and fashion artefacts.
Highlights include one of Jackson’s infamous right-handed crystal covered gloves, the complete ‘Scream’ video outfit, a suit from the 1987 ‘Smooth Criminal’ video and the 30th Anniversary of Madison Square Garden’s Show’s illuminated helmet sported by the late singer.
Die-hard fans will also recognise a host of costumes from outfits worn to various awards ceremonies, music videos and Jackson’s legendary live performances including the ‘BAD’, ‘HIStory’, and ‘Dangerous’ tours.
You may also want to watch:
Myf Ryan, general manager marketing UK, said: “It is an honour to be the exclusive UK host for such a unique exhibition. “In our first year, Westfield Stratford City attracted 47 million shoppers and we are increasingly becoming the destination of choice for exclusive events.
“We look forward to welcoming visitors and fans to get up close and personal with music and fashion history.”
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 5 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
- 10 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
‘The Collection of Tompkins & Bush: Michael Jackson Wardrobe’ will exhibit at The Getty Gallery, The Street, in Westfield, E20 from Friday October 5 to November 4.
Open seven days a week from 10am to 9am Monday to Friday, 9am to 9pm Saturdays, and 12pm to 6pm on Sundays, tickets are �10 from www.ticketmaster.co.uk from September 30.