Medics to gather at West Ham to showcase telehealth system
Health experts will be holding a showcase event to highlight the benefits of a telehealth system piloted in Newham.
Health specialists from east London will be joined by Sir John Oldham who is a leading expert in managing long term conditions. He will be a keynote speaker at the event which will be held at West Ham Football Ground on Thursday.
It has been organised by East London NHS Foundation Trust and Newham Clinical Commissioning Group.
Newham was chosen as one of two national demonstrator sites to trial telehealth which allows patients with long term conditions to monitor themselves at home while providing details to health professionals. It was rolled out nationally following its success in Newham.
Initial findings from the programme showed that telehealth can substantially cut deaths by 45 per cent, reduce the need for admissions to hospital, 14 per cent, and lower the number of bed days spent in hospital (14 per cent) as well as time spent in A&E.
You may also want to watch:
The day is designed to give GPs and staff in health and social services the chance to share key developments of the system.
- 1 Neighbour reports 'intolerable' antisocial car meets around ABBA Arena building site
- 2 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 6 Campaigners claim ULEZ expansion benefit 'undone' by Silvertown Tunnel project
- 7 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 8 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 9 Flying Hammers face testing week with games coming thick and fast
- 10 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford