Medics to gather at West Ham to showcase telehealth system
Health experts will be holding a showcase event to highlight the benefits of a telehealth system piloted in Newham.
Health specialists from east London will be joined by Sir John Oldham who is a leading expert in managing long term conditions. He will be a keynote speaker at the event which will be held at West Ham Football Ground on Thursday.
It has been organised by East London NHS Foundation Trust and Newham Clinical Commissioning Group.
Newham was chosen as one of two national demonstrator sites to trial telehealth which allows patients with long term conditions to monitor themselves at home while providing details to health professionals. It was rolled out nationally following its success in Newham.
Initial findings from the programme showed that telehealth can substantially cut deaths by 45 per cent, reduce the need for admissions to hospital, 14 per cent, and lower the number of bed days spent in hospital (14 per cent) as well as time spent in A&E.
You may also want to watch:
The day is designed to give GPs and staff in health and social services the chance to share key developments of the system.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 7 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 8 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross