McSweeney ready for Charlton test as Craig departs
Saturday, December 31 - Orient v Charlton Athletic 5.20pm
Orient will have defender Leon McSweeney available for Saturday’s game against League One leaders Charlton Athletic.
McSweeney, missed the 3-0 defeat against MK Dons on Boxing Day after serving a one-match ban, but is likely to return at left-back in place of Tony Craig, who has been recalled three days early from his loan spell by Championship side Millwall.
The defender’s month-long loan was due to end after Saturday’s clash with Charlton, but Lions boss Kenny Jackett cut it short after Nathan Baker suffered a knee injury in Millwall’s Boxing Day fixture.
However, the O’s are hoping to secure the 26-year-old on a further loan, but will be without him for Saturday’s clash.
You may also want to watch:
Apart from Craig’s departure, Slade has no new injury worries.
“There are a few in the dressing room with ice bags on, but I think the injuries are more to their heads than anything else,” he said after the Boxing Day defeat.
- 1 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 2 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 8 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
- 9 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
Saturday’s game against Charlton kicks off at 5.20pm.