McSweeney ready for Charlton test as Craig departs
Saturday, December 31 - Orient v Charlton Athletic 5.20pm
Orient will have defender Leon McSweeney available for Saturday’s game against League One leaders Charlton Athletic.
McSweeney, missed the 3-0 defeat against MK Dons on Boxing Day after serving a one-match ban, but is likely to return at left-back in place of Tony Craig, who has been recalled three days early from his loan spell by Championship side Millwall.
The defender’s month-long loan was due to end after Saturday’s clash with Charlton, but Lions boss Kenny Jackett cut it short after Nathan Baker suffered a knee injury in Millwall’s Boxing Day fixture.
However, the O’s are hoping to secure the 26-year-old on a further loan, but will be without him for Saturday’s clash.
Apart from Craig’s departure, Slade has no new injury worries.
“There are a few in the dressing room with ice bags on, but I think the injuries are more to their heads than anything else,” he said after the Boxing Day defeat.
- 1 West Ham United reveal Thames Ironworks-inspired third kit
- 2 West Ham United tie is big deal for Danes warns Reid
- 3 Colleges offer 'alternative paths' towards fruitful careers, principal says
- 4 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 5 Recap: Tree on the tracks disrupts London, Stansted and Cambridge trains
- 6 NewVIc’s SU President reflects on first year at college: 'It's amazing for those who want to be here!'
- 7 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 8 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 9 Thousands attend UK Black Pride event in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- 10 Newham refuse workers vote to strike over pay dispute
Saturday’s game against Charlton kicks off at 5.20pm.