McSweeney ready for Charlton test as Craig departs
Saturday, December 31 - Orient v Charlton Athletic 5.20pm
Orient will have defender Leon McSweeney available for Saturday’s game against League One leaders Charlton Athletic.
McSweeney, missed the 3-0 defeat against MK Dons on Boxing Day after serving a one-match ban, but is likely to return at left-back in place of Tony Craig, who has been recalled three days early from his loan spell by Championship side Millwall.
The defender’s month-long loan was due to end after Saturday’s clash with Charlton, but Lions boss Kenny Jackett cut it short after Nathan Baker suffered a knee injury in Millwall’s Boxing Day fixture.
However, the O’s are hoping to secure the 26-year-old on a further loan, but will be without him for Saturday’s clash.
You may also want to watch:
Apart from Craig’s departure, Slade has no new injury worries.
“There are a few in the dressing room with ice bags on, but I think the injuries are more to their heads than anything else,” he said after the Boxing Day defeat.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 West Ham United reveal 2021/22 Umbro Third Kit
- 3 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 4 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 5 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 6 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 7 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020
- 10 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
Saturday’s game against Charlton kicks off at 5.20pm.