McFly star performs official Olympic mascot song at Westfield
McFly’s Tom Fletcher and his sister Carrie Fletcher, wowed youngsters with a performance of On a Rainbow, the official song for the London 2012 mascots.
The exclusive event for schoolchildren yesterday evening (Thursday) was at Westfield Stratford City on the fringe of the Games site.
The McFly lead singer said: “This is an amazing opportunity and it’s something I’m very proud to be involved in.
“I wanted it to be fun for kids and a song that kids could remember and sing along to.”
The third instalment of an animated film, Rainbow Rescue featuring the mascots, Wenlock and Mandeville, which features the song was also premiered.
You may also want to watch:
On the Rainbow is based on the mascots’ journey to the games and the young people they meet along the way.
Rainbow Rescue will be shown on 373 screens in more than 100 Odeon cinemas across the country before selected family films from November 25 to December 23.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 West Ham United reveal 2021/22 Umbro Third Kit
- 3 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 4 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 5 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 6 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 7 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020
- 10 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham