McFly star performs official Olympic mascot song at Westfield
McFly’s Tom Fletcher and his sister Carrie Fletcher, wowed youngsters with a performance of On a Rainbow, the official song for the London 2012 mascots.
The exclusive event for schoolchildren yesterday evening (Thursday) was at Westfield Stratford City on the fringe of the Games site.
The McFly lead singer said: “This is an amazing opportunity and it’s something I’m very proud to be involved in.
“I wanted it to be fun for kids and a song that kids could remember and sing along to.”
The third instalment of an animated film, Rainbow Rescue featuring the mascots, Wenlock and Mandeville, which features the song was also premiered.
You may also want to watch:
On the Rainbow is based on the mascots’ journey to the games and the young people they meet along the way.
Rainbow Rescue will be shown on 373 screens in more than 100 Odeon cinemas across the country before selected family films from November 25 to December 23.
- 1 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 2 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 8 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
- 9 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 10 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total