Mayor opens Barking Abbey School’s new sports hall
- Credit: Archant
Could the next sporting superstar come from Barking Abbey School?
That’s certainly possible with the opening of an innovative new sports facility.
The Base features a state-of-the-art performance floor, specialist climate control and provides the equivalent of three full-sized basketball and netball courts.
The Mayor of Barking and Dagenham, Cllr Simon Bremner, cut the ribbon at the Sandringham Road, Barking school yesterday when eight primary schools tested the facilities in the sports hall athletics finals.
Carol Wright, support learning manager, said: “It all went well.
You may also want to watch:
“Student sports leaders helped the organisers of the event ensure that the students from the primary schools enjoyed the afternoon.”
- 1 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 2 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 7 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 8 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 9 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 10 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic