MasterChef semi-finalist launches supperclub in Forest Gate
- Credit: Archant
Fancy eating food prepared by Forest Gate’s very own MasterChef semi-finalist?
Wish no more as Michael Sanders, who finished fifth in this year’s culinary competition, has started his own regular supperclub at the Wansted Tap, in Winchelsea Road. “I thought it was a great place to start because there is a really good community around here that seem to be interested in food and local events,” he explained. “The supperclub idea was to give us an opportunity to see what works and what doesn’t.”
He held his first four course tasting menu at the Tap last Wednesday, assisted by his sous-chef - and girlfriend of eight years, Naomi White. Tonight’s supperclub and next Wednesday’s have already sold out, with future dates to be held monthly.
Michael and Naomi are also offering supperclubs at people’s houses as well as in their own home.
He admits that he was “delighted” by his friend Ping Coombes’ recent win.
You may also want to watch:
“She is just phenomenal and I kind of knew from the first time that I cooked with her that she could be the winner,” he said. “Although anybody could have won it on their day, she was just so consistent and her food is delicious.”
For more information about Michael’s supperclubs, visit invitetosupper.com
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 6 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 7 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 8 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen