Manor Park youngsters raise cash for New Year trip
Young people organised a festive fair in Manor Park to engage with the community this Christmas and raise �250 for their youth club.
Dost Youth Club, based at St Barnabus Church in Browning Road, is a project by Newham charity The Trinity Centre for children and young people who have been separated from their families at home and abroad.
They meet twice weekly to do various activities such as sport, art, cooking, bike projects, educational workshops, trips and residentials in order to enhance their skills, rebuild their lives and become active members of their communities.
Nine young people aged 11 to 18, from India, Afghanistan and the UK, organised the event on Saturday which ran from 10am to 4pm in the church.
They advertised the event, set up, served customers, painted faces, decorated visitors’ hands with mehndi and packed up afterwards.
You may also want to watch:
Youngsters involved in the Christmas fair were Christine Kiribira, 11, Pardeep Singh, 13, Jamil Naim, 14, Raman Singh, 15, Danish Mohammed Khan, 15, Navjot Singh, 16, Muhin Khan Latifi, 17, Maryam Hussain, 18 and Marcus Kelly Whyte, 18.
The money raised will be used to take the Dost Youth Club on a trip in the New Year.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 6 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 7 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 8 Protesters target DSEI arms fair at ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 9 Woman arrested on suspicion of murder after man fatally stabbed
- 10 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k