Search

Manor Park woman escapes injury after kitchen fire

PUBLISHED: 14:00 12 June 2012

An elderly woman suffered the effects of smoke inhalation after one of her pans caught fire while on the cooker.

Stratford firefighters tackled the small blaze at her address in the Tej Bhavan sheltered housing block in Manor Park.

Damage was restricted to the hood of the cooker and several cupboards in her kitchen.

The fire was caused after the pan had been left on the heat after being filled with oil. Crews left the scene after about an hour.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Newham Recorder. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Newham Recorder