Manor Park service centre closure
Newham Council has announced that the Manor Park Local Service Centre will close at the end of this month.
Along with East Ham and Stratford, the Manor Park cash office is now permanently closed and the Local Service Centre (LSC) will stop operating from 12 noon on March 31 2012.
The LSC building and the Army and Navy store next door will then be transformed into a new library where residents can take advantage of the services on offer for them and their children and carry out self-service transactions with the council.
The building will re-open in January 2013 as the new library. Along with bright modern facilities and free PC and internet access, there will be self-service kiosks that will allow residents to carry out a wide a range of transactions including:
� paying council bills with a credit/debit card
You may also want to watch:
� checking rent and council tax balances
� reporting abandoned vehicles, fly tipping, antisocial behaviour, missed bin collections, graffiti and many more problems that the council can help with
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 3 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 4 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 6 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 7 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 8 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 10 Brilliant moment for Okoflex as he nets in West Ham's win at Celtic
� booking services such as bulky and green waste collection
� searching for jobs
� giving feedback on services provided by the council
� checking library accounts to renew books.
A spokeswoman for the council said during the refurbishment period, every effort will be made to ensure the least amount of disruption to residents as possible. The existing library in Romford Road, Manor Park will remain open until the new premises are available.