Manor Park service centre closure
Newham Council has announced that the Manor Park Local Service Centre will close at the end of this month.
Along with East Ham and Stratford, the Manor Park cash office is now permanently closed and the Local Service Centre (LSC) will stop operating from 12 noon on March 31 2012.
The LSC building and the Army and Navy store next door will then be transformed into a new library where residents can take advantage of the services on offer for them and their children and carry out self-service transactions with the council.
The building will re-open in January 2013 as the new library. Along with bright modern facilities and free PC and internet access, there will be self-service kiosks that will allow residents to carry out a wide a range of transactions including:
� paying council bills with a credit/debit card
You may also want to watch:
� checking rent and council tax balances
� reporting abandoned vehicles, fly tipping, antisocial behaviour, missed bin collections, graffiti and many more problems that the council can help with
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 4 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 10 Charity provides free breakfasts for 561 vulnerable families over half term
� booking services such as bulky and green waste collection
� searching for jobs
� giving feedback on services provided by the council
� checking library accounts to renew books.
A spokeswoman for the council said during the refurbishment period, every effort will be made to ensure the least amount of disruption to residents as possible. The existing library in Romford Road, Manor Park will remain open until the new premises are available.