Manor Park service centre closure
Newham Council has announced that the Manor Park Local Service Centre will close at the end of this month.
Along with East Ham and Stratford, the Manor Park cash office is now permanently closed and the Local Service Centre (LSC) will stop operating from 12 noon on March 31 2012.
The LSC building and the Army and Navy store next door will then be transformed into a new library where residents can take advantage of the services on offer for them and their children and carry out self-service transactions with the council.
The building will re-open in January 2013 as the new library. Along with bright modern facilities and free PC and internet access, there will be self-service kiosks that will allow residents to carry out a wide a range of transactions including:
� paying council bills with a credit/debit card
You may also want to watch:
� checking rent and council tax balances
� reporting abandoned vehicles, fly tipping, antisocial behaviour, missed bin collections, graffiti and many more problems that the council can help with
- 1 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 6 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 7 Pearce believes camaraderie has given West Ham a chance of making Europe
- 8 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 9 London Councils issues warning over planning reform in Queen's Speech
- 10 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
� booking services such as bulky and green waste collection
� searching for jobs
� giving feedback on services provided by the council
� checking library accounts to renew books.
A spokeswoman for the council said during the refurbishment period, every effort will be made to ensure the least amount of disruption to residents as possible. The existing library in Romford Road, Manor Park will remain open until the new premises are available.