Manor Park man missing from Newham General
A recovering stroke patient from Manor Park went missing from Newham General Hospital last night and his family are appealing for help for his safe return.
Robert Johns, a tall, slim man of African origin, left the hospital without staff knowledge at approximately 5.05pm in a very confused state.
The 53-year-old from Ruskin Avenue was admitted to the Heather Ward Stroke Unit following major head surgery at Queens Hospital in Romford on October 14 and was transferred to Newham General for rehabilitation.
Robert is about 6ft tall with a large surgical scar on his head, and was wearing silky navy-blue track-bottoms, a grey striped shirt and slippers on his feet when he went missing.
The Missing Person’s Unit said he is inappropriately dressed for current weather conditions and at risk of ill-health and hypothermia.
You may also want to watch:
It appears Robert has been talking a lot about his days in Zimbabwe, where he was born, as he only remembers things that happened to him around 15 years ago following his stroke.
If found, people are asked to call the police on 101.
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 5 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation