Manor Park man always dreamt of his own company
- Credit: Archant
Shubber Raja, the managing director and chief executive of MediLink Consulting, is hungry for success.
When he’s not working for the Stratford medical recruitment consultancy, the 29-year-old is still looking for more ways to achieve.
Shubber, from Manor Park, said he was “money hungry when he was young” before his mindset changed.
“We set up MediLink in March 2011 and it tied together nicely, as I was a recruitment consultant for a few different companies, and I found I was a natural when it came to business,” he said.
“I made lots of calls and was so hungry, I wasn’t content working for someone else. My father had his own business, so it was always a dream of mine to have my own as well.”
You may also want to watch:
His business idea and company’s success has led to him being named Young Business Person of the Year in the 2015 Federation of Small Business London Awards.
He added: “I accepted the award humbly, as we won it last year and this year we won it again, but last year it was the best feeling to win the award at such a young age.”
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 4 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
Shubber was also named runner-up for the Entrepreneur of the Year.
Visit medilinkconsulting.co.uk to find out more.