Manor Park man, 27, charged with Ashley Latty murder
- Credit: Archant
A 27-year-old man from Manor Park has become the sixth person charged with the murder of Ashley Latty in Dagenham.
Jerome Joseph, 27, of Manor Park Road, was charged by police last night, and is due at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court this morning.
Aimee Penfold, 24, from Croydon was charged with assisting an offender and will appear before the Old Bailey on Monday, October 6.
Officers were called in the early hours of Sunday, May 18, to reports of a stabbing outside a private party at The Beaver Centre, in Selinas Lane.
Ashley, 25, from Leyton, was taken to hospital but died that same morning from his injuries.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination confirmed the cause of death was multiple stab wounds.
Kestrel Daniel Dyer, 25, from Barking, Daniel Agyeman, 24, of Thornton Heath, Nicholas Terralonge, 28, of Leytonstone and Nana Oppong, 34 of no fixed abode are also charged with the murder.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 3 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 8 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 'Hi-tech AI' butcher's shop opening in Stratford
All four appeared at the Old Bailey on August 20, for a plea and case management hearing and remain in custody until their return to court on Monday, February 23 2015.
Three further men, aged 22, 26 and 28, were also arrested and bailed to return at dates later this month. Officers say “no further action” will be taken against four other men, arrested in connection with the murder earlier in the year.