Search

Manor Park house fire: three people hospitalised

PUBLISHED: 13:05 16 December 2011

Police are keeping an 'open mind' as to the cause of the fire

Police are keeping an 'open mind' as to the cause of the fire

sub

One man and two firefighters have been hospitalised after a gas cylinder exploded at a house in Manor Park.

Around 20 firefighters were called to the house in Selbourne Road at 11.03am after a small gas cylinder exploded, causing a fire which damaged part of the ground floor.

The London Fire Brigade confirmed that man from the house and two firefighters were taken to hospital with minor injuries and smoke inhalation.

The fire was brought under control at 12.45pm.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Newham Recorder. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Newham Recorder