Manor Park homes evacuated due to workshop fire
- Credit: @Melvsz
Thirty people left their homes when a fire broke out at a car repair workshop in Manor Park.
A temporary hazard zone was set up around the Colchester Avenue workshop as it contained potentially explosive gas cylinders.
Six fire engines and 35 firefighters were able to extinguish the fire, which broke out at around 10.45pm on Friday.
Station manager John Fahey said: “This was a difficult fire involving gas cylinders.
“Fire crews took quick effective action to contain the fire to the car repair workshops and thankfully stopped it spreading to nearby homes.”
The workshop was completely damaged but nobody was injured in the fire.
- 1 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 2 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 3 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 4 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 5 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 6 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 7 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 8 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 9 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Jackett looks at positives from Port Vale point