Manor Park gang member pleads guilty to firearm charge
- Credit: Archant
A Manor Park man pleaded guilty to possession of a firearm and possession of a prohibited weapon on Tuesday.
Amaan Rob was one of nine gang members who appeared at Basildon Crown Court to plead guillty to to possession of a firearm with intent to cause others to fear unlawful violence and possession of a prohibited weapon.
Rob, 25, of Berkeley Road will be sentenced at Basildon Crown Court on June 9.
Trident and Area Crime Command detectives arrested and charged the nine as part of Operation Kelpie after seizing the sawn stock of a shot gun, £2,600 and two canisters of CS gas at Suffolk House Yard in Brentwood on September 19 last year.
CCTV footage showed Rob with the sawn-off shotgun earlier that day.
You may also want to watch:
A later search found a loaded sawn-off single-barrelled shotgun and 19 shotgun cartridges.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham