Manor Park diabetic finds Sinclair C5 ideal to get around
A Manor Park mortgage advisor is causing amazement on the streets of Newham with his classic pedal powered vehicle.
Jogga Teidy, of Gainsborough Avenue, gets a double-take from people on the street whenever he goes out in his vintage C5, which was invented by Sir Clive Sinclair in the 1980s.
The 54-year-old father of two said: “I get an amazing response.
“People whoop and laugh when I go past.
“Everyone is very excited.”
You may also want to watch:
The Manor Park resident, who suffers from type 2 diabetes, has found using the C5, which can be powered by pedalling as well as its battery charged motor, has helped him manage his condition and keep fit.
Jogga, who restored the vehicle into working order after buying it on ebay, has big plans to develop his own commercial trike using the basic C5 design and spark a new craze in healthy transport.
- 1 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 4 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Update: Girl, 14, missing from East Ham found
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham
Watch this space!