Manor Park diabetic finds Sinclair C5 ideal to get around
A Manor Park mortgage advisor is causing amazement on the streets of Newham with his classic pedal powered vehicle.
Jogga Teidy, of Gainsborough Avenue, gets a double-take from people on the street whenever he goes out in his vintage C5, which was invented by Sir Clive Sinclair in the 1980s.
The 54-year-old father of two said: “I get an amazing response.
“People whoop and laugh when I go past.
“Everyone is very excited.”
The Manor Park resident, who suffers from type 2 diabetes, has found using the C5, which can be powered by pedalling as well as its battery charged motor, has helped him manage his condition and keep fit.
Jogga, who restored the vehicle into working order after buying it on ebay, has big plans to develop his own commercial trike using the basic C5 design and spark a new craze in healthy transport.
- 1 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 2 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 3 'Suspicious' Forest Gate construction fire under investigation
- 4 Wanted: Five people Newham police wish to speak to
- 5 Schools and staff across east London up for national awards
- 6 Romford West Ham fan accused of harassing Jewish man on flight
- 7 Third straight win takes Newham top of the table
- 8 Cycle paths joined up in Aldgate creates 'safe route' through east London
- 9 'Staffing crisis' impacts hospice's end of life care service
- 10 Warnings issued after four fox clubs found stuck in old car wheels
Watch this space!