Manor Park diabetic finds Sinclair C5 ideal to get around
A Manor Park mortgage advisor is causing amazement on the streets of Newham with his classic pedal powered vehicle.
Jogga Teidy, of Gainsborough Avenue, gets a double-take from people on the street whenever he goes out in his vintage C5, which was invented by Sir Clive Sinclair in the 1980s.
The 54-year-old father of two said: “I get an amazing response.
“People whoop and laugh when I go past.
“Everyone is very excited.”
You may also want to watch:
The Manor Park resident, who suffers from type 2 diabetes, has found using the C5, which can be powered by pedalling as well as its battery charged motor, has helped him manage his condition and keep fit.
Jogga, who restored the vehicle into working order after buying it on ebay, has big plans to develop his own commercial trike using the basic C5 design and spark a new craze in healthy transport.
- 1 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 2 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 8 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 9 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 10 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
Watch this space!