Manor Park diabetic finds Sinclair C5 ideal to get around
A Manor Park mortgage advisor is causing amazement on the streets of Newham with his classic pedal powered vehicle.
Jogga Teidy, of Gainsborough Avenue, gets a double-take from people on the street whenever he goes out in his vintage C5, which was invented by Sir Clive Sinclair in the 1980s.
The 54-year-old father of two said: “I get an amazing response.
“People whoop and laugh when I go past.
“Everyone is very excited.”
You may also want to watch:
The Manor Park resident, who suffers from type 2 diabetes, has found using the C5, which can be powered by pedalling as well as its battery charged motor, has helped him manage his condition and keep fit.
Jogga, who restored the vehicle into working order after buying it on ebay, has big plans to develop his own commercial trike using the basic C5 design and spark a new craze in healthy transport.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 3 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 4 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 5 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 6 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 7 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 8 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 9 'Life-saving' service at Canning Town homeless charity scoops £150k
- 10 West Ham sign World Cup-winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan
Watch this space!