Manor Park community centre gets ‘eggstra’ help for an Easter party
- Credit: Archant
A little bit of ‘eggstra’ help from Newham Council gave residents and users at a community centre the chance to enjoy an Easter themed party.
The Jack Cornwell Open Access Play organisation were granted £230 from the council’s Let’s Get the Party Started fund that helps bring the community together.
The group put on an Easter Tea Party at the Jack Cornwell Community Centre in Jack Cornwell Street, Manor Park and organised a range of games and activities for around 100 people of all ages. There was an Easter egg hunt with all children receiving a prize, an Easter bonnet competition, card-making, dancing, karaoke, food and refreshments.
Party guests Mayor Sir Robin Wales and Little Ilford ward councillor Andrew Baikie also took part in some egg and spoon races with young people.
The party was an opportunity for young people who attend the play scheme and their parents and carers to get together, have fun and take part in activities they wouldn’t normally do. It also introduced local residents to the centre and allowed staff from the play scheme to meet parents who do not normally come to the group.
You may also want to watch:
Sir Robin Wales said: “An event such as this one is the perfect way to bring the whole community together. We could support you with funding through our Let’s Get the Party Started grants programme. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing people here getting together to have some fun.”
If you want more details of how to apply for a Let’s Get the Party Started grant visit newham.gov.uk/party
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 5 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 6 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 7 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 8 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend
- 9 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim