Funding boost for Manor Park charity thanks to community support
- Credit: Google
A Manor Park charity has received a funding boost after being nominated for support by the community.
The Renewal Programme was one of 12 charities in London to receive £1,000 as part of the annual 12 days of giving Christmas campaign by specialist insurer Ecclesiastical.
A total of 120 winning charities were chosen at random from recommendations by the public.
More than 13,850 Londoners nominated a cause, with 384 charities in the capital receiving votes of support.
Ecclesiastical group chief executive Mark Hews said: “Owned by a charity, our core purpose is to contribute to the greater good of society, so charitable giving is at the heart of our business.
You may also want to watch:
“We know that £1,000 can make a huge difference to the incredible work that charities do.
“We hope these donations can bring a positive end to a difficult year and a promising start to 2021.”
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 3 West Ham 1 Burnley 0: How the Hammers rated
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 Letters: CCTV facial recognition, Covid and tenants' manifesto
- 6 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 7 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 8 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 9 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 10 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years