Manor Park boy murdered over ‘witch’ claim court told
A teenager was tortured to death by his sister and her partner in “a tale of horror” on Christmas Day, a court heard.
Erik Bikubi, 27, and Magalie Bamu, 28, attacked Kristy Bamu, 15, and his two sisters with pliers, knives and a hammer after accusing them of being “sorcerers,” it is claimed.
The teenage boy suffered 101 injuries - his face and head were covered in cuts and some of his teeth were missing when he was found in the blood-soaked flat in Hathaway Crescent, Manor Park.
He died from a combination of his injuries and drowning.
Prosecutor Brian Altman QC said the case involved “unspeakable savagery and brutality”.
You may also want to watch:
The couple deny murder and causing actual bodily harm to sisters, Kelly, and an 11-year-old.
“It was plain that Kristy had been the victim of a prolonged attack of unspeakable savagery and brutality,” Mr Altman said.
- 1 West Ham United reveal 2021/22 Umbro Third Kit
- 2 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 3 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 4 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 5 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 6 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 7 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020
- 10 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
In the flat were Kristy’s four siblings - brothers aged 22 and 23 and the sisters, Kelly aged 20 and the 11-year-old who cannot be named.
The two sisters had also been injured.
All the family were French but Kelly Bamu,confided in a paramedic who spoke the language.
“What she told them was a tale of horror,” Mr Altman said.
The case, at the Old Bailey, continues.