Manor Park boy murdered over ‘witch’ claim court told
A teenager was tortured to death by his sister and her partner in “a tale of horror” on Christmas Day, a court heard.
Erik Bikubi, 27, and Magalie Bamu, 28, attacked Kristy Bamu, 15, and his two sisters with pliers, knives and a hammer after accusing them of being “sorcerers,” it is claimed.
The teenage boy suffered 101 injuries - his face and head were covered in cuts and some of his teeth were missing when he was found in the blood-soaked flat in Hathaway Crescent, Manor Park.
He died from a combination of his injuries and drowning.
Prosecutor Brian Altman QC said the case involved “unspeakable savagery and brutality”.
You may also want to watch:
The couple deny murder and causing actual bodily harm to sisters, Kelly, and an 11-year-old.
“It was plain that Kristy had been the victim of a prolonged attack of unspeakable savagery and brutality,” Mr Altman said.
- 1 Neighbour reports 'intolerable' antisocial car meets around ABBA Arena building site
- 2 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 Campaigners claim ULEZ expansion benefit 'undone' by Silvertown Tunnel project
- 6 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 7 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 8 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 9 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
- 10 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
In the flat were Kristy’s four siblings - brothers aged 22 and 23 and the sisters, Kelly aged 20 and the 11-year-old who cannot be named.
The two sisters had also been injured.
All the family were French but Kelly Bamu,confided in a paramedic who spoke the language.
“What she told them was a tale of horror,” Mr Altman said.
The case, at the Old Bailey, continues.