Manor Park boy murdered over ‘witch’ claim court told
A teenager was tortured to death by his sister and her partner in “a tale of horror” on Christmas Day, a court heard.
Erik Bikubi, 27, and Magalie Bamu, 28, attacked Kristy Bamu, 15, and his two sisters with pliers, knives and a hammer after accusing them of being “sorcerers,” it is claimed.
The teenage boy suffered 101 injuries - his face and head were covered in cuts and some of his teeth were missing when he was found in the blood-soaked flat in Hathaway Crescent, Manor Park.
He died from a combination of his injuries and drowning.
Prosecutor Brian Altman QC said the case involved “unspeakable savagery and brutality”.
The couple deny murder and causing actual bodily harm to sisters, Kelly, and an 11-year-old.
“It was plain that Kristy had been the victim of a prolonged attack of unspeakable savagery and brutality,” Mr Altman said.
- 1 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
- 2 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 3 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 4 Manor Park blaze caused by the 'accidental ignition of textiles'
- 5 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
- 6 Woman injured after being hit by electric scooter in East Ham
- 7 Man denies charges after drugs raids as east London duo await trial
- 8 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 9 Manor Park blaze: 100 firefighters get tower block fire under control
- 10 Masked driver found guilty of Ilford murder jailed for 35 years
In the flat were Kristy’s four siblings - brothers aged 22 and 23 and the sisters, Kelly aged 20 and the 11-year-old who cannot be named.
The two sisters had also been injured.
All the family were French but Kelly Bamu,confided in a paramedic who spoke the language.
“What she told them was a tale of horror,” Mr Altman said.
The case, at the Old Bailey, continues.