Manor Park boy murdered over ‘witch’ claim court told
A teenager was tortured to death by his sister and her partner in “a tale of horror” on Christmas Day, a court heard.
Erik Bikubi, 27, and Magalie Bamu, 28, attacked Kristy Bamu, 15, and his two sisters with pliers, knives and a hammer after accusing them of being “sorcerers,” it is claimed.
The teenage boy suffered 101 injuries - his face and head were covered in cuts and some of his teeth were missing when he was found in the blood-soaked flat in Hathaway Crescent, Manor Park.
He died from a combination of his injuries and drowning.
Prosecutor Brian Altman QC said the case involved “unspeakable savagery and brutality”.
You may also want to watch:
The couple deny murder and causing actual bodily harm to sisters, Kelly, and an 11-year-old.
“It was plain that Kristy had been the victim of a prolonged attack of unspeakable savagery and brutality,” Mr Altman said.
- 1 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 4 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 7 East Ham Central welcomes new Labour councillor
- 8 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 9 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 10 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
In the flat were Kristy’s four siblings - brothers aged 22 and 23 and the sisters, Kelly aged 20 and the 11-year-old who cannot be named.
The two sisters had also been injured.
All the family were French but Kelly Bamu,confided in a paramedic who spoke the language.
“What she told them was a tale of horror,” Mr Altman said.
The case, at the Old Bailey, continues.