Manor Park attacker gets three years
A violent would-be robber who tried to steal from a woman at a Tube station six months after attacking a man at Manor Park Station has been caged for three years.
Maslah Mohamud, 26, of Walthamstow, was sentenced at Snaresbrook Crown Court last week after admitting two counts of attempted robbery.
He had targeted a man in his 20s at Manor Park station at about 10.50pm on September 12, demanding his possessions and punching him in the face.
The victim was helped by two men on the platform and was able to escape on a train.
You may also want to watch:
His second victim at Snaresbrook Station managed to hold on to her bag even when Mohamud punched her in the eye. She fled the station.
Det Con Paul Miller, of British Transport Police, said despite Mohamud being very aggressive and violent, both of his victims were able to give an accurate description.
- 1 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 2 Manor Park Fitness Centre closing to make way for 'affordable' homes
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 92 arrests as police respond to community concerns about crime
- 5 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 6 Stephen Timms 'cannot forgive attacker without meeting face-to-face'
- 7 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
- 8 Newham to 'bring back the broom' as recycling gets boost
- 9 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 10 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
“While the victims did not suffer serious injuries, they were left very shaken by their ordeal.”