Manor Park attacker gets three years
A violent would-be robber who tried to steal from a woman at a Tube station six months after attacking a man at Manor Park Station has been caged for three years.
Maslah Mohamud, 26, of Walthamstow, was sentenced at Snaresbrook Crown Court last week after admitting two counts of attempted robbery.
He had targeted a man in his 20s at Manor Park station at about 10.50pm on September 12, demanding his possessions and punching him in the face.
The victim was helped by two men on the platform and was able to escape on a train.
You may also want to watch:
His second victim at Snaresbrook Station managed to hold on to her bag even when Mohamud punched her in the eye. She fled the station.
Det Con Paul Miller, of British Transport Police, said despite Mohamud being very aggressive and violent, both of his victims were able to give an accurate description.
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 7 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 8 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 9 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 10 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season
“While the victims did not suffer serious injuries, they were left very shaken by their ordeal.”