Manor Park 99p store needs shopper for trolley dash
With Christmas just around the corner shoppers are in for a treat with the opening of a 99p Stores in East Ham high street.
To celebrate, bosses at the store are looking for a VIP - Very Important Pennysaver to perform a 99-second trolley dash on Friday at its premises on the site of the old Somerfield store at 236-238 High Street North in Manor Park.
This ‘VIP’ will also be invited to officially open the store and grab 99-seconds of fame and be joined by another VIP – Santa Claus.
Around 35 new jobs will be created with the opening of the new store – and bosses at the retail brand will be working closely with Jobcentre Plus to fill these positions in the coming week. Applicants can apply now to email@example.com or via local offices of Jobcentre Plus.
Ten years ago 99p Stores was a one-man band with a small store in Holloway, North London.
You may also want to watch:
Now it is a national brand, with 164 branches within the 99p Stores Group. The new East Ham branch will be store No. 165.
The 99p Stores brand is growing all the time across the UK as cash-strapped Britons change their spending patterns.
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 6 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 7 Levels youngsters sign Premier League and Football League contracts
- 8 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 9 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 10 Connor Wood keen to keep developing at Leyton Orient under Kenny Jackett
Entries and if possible a sentence or two (or short poem) on why entrants “love” a good bargain, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 1pm Thursday November 24 2011.