Manor Park 99p store needs shopper for trolley dash
With Christmas just around the corner shoppers are in for a treat with the opening of a 99p Stores in East Ham high street.
To celebrate, bosses at the store are looking for a VIP - Very Important Pennysaver to perform a 99-second trolley dash on Friday at its premises on the site of the old Somerfield store at 236-238 High Street North in Manor Park.
This ‘VIP’ will also be invited to officially open the store and grab 99-seconds of fame and be joined by another VIP – Santa Claus.
Around 35 new jobs will be created with the opening of the new store – and bosses at the retail brand will be working closely with Jobcentre Plus to fill these positions in the coming week. Applicants can apply now to firstname.lastname@example.org or via local offices of Jobcentre Plus.
Ten years ago 99p Stores was a one-man band with a small store in Holloway, North London.
You may also want to watch:
Now it is a national brand, with 164 branches within the 99p Stores Group. The new East Ham branch will be store No. 165.
The 99p Stores brand is growing all the time across the UK as cash-strapped Britons change their spending patterns.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 5 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 6 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 7 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 8 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend
- 9 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
Entries and if possible a sentence or two (or short poem) on why entrants “love” a good bargain, to: email@example.com
Closing date: 1pm Thursday November 24 2011.