Man who robbed Stratford shop after asking for water is jailed
- Credit: Archant
A man who robbed a betting shop in Stratford after asking for a glass of water has been jailed.
Mohammed Diria, 29, of no fixed abode, has been sentenced to three years behind bars after pleading guilty to robbery and possession of a bladed article.
At about 6pm on February 23, Diria asked for a glass of water in the Betfred shop in The Broadway.
As a staff member opened the door to pass him the glass, Diria pushed past and took several hundred pounds from two tills before running from the shop.
Officers from the Flying Squad arrested Diria the following day and found him to be in possession of an axe.
He was sentenced to three years imprisonment on 24 April at the same venue.
- 1 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 6 Things to do in east London this weekend
- 7 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 8 Hammers fans show support for Christmas Toy Appeal
- 9 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 10 East London man charged with six terrorism offences