Man trapped in car after East Ham road accident
A man had to be cut out of a car after a two-vehicle road accident in East Ham last night.
Ambulance crews called firefighters to the scene in Barking Road at about 6.45pm to help free the motorist, who sustained suspected spinal injuries.
Three fire engines and around 15 firefighters from East Ham and Plaistow attended the incident.
East Ham Red Watch manager Dave Cook said: “Within 15 minutes of the call we had arrived. The guys set about extricating the gentleman from his car and he was released.
“The London Ambulance Service had everyone stabilised at the scene.”
You may also want to watch:
The female driver of the other car was treated at the scene by paramedics before both were taken to Newham General Hospital.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 6 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 7 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 8 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen