Man trapped in car after East Ham road accident
A man had to be cut out of a car after a two-vehicle road accident in East Ham last night.
Ambulance crews called firefighters to the scene in Barking Road at about 6.45pm to help free the motorist, who sustained suspected spinal injuries.
Three fire engines and around 15 firefighters from East Ham and Plaistow attended the incident.
East Ham Red Watch manager Dave Cook said: “Within 15 minutes of the call we had arrived. The guys set about extricating the gentleman from his car and he was released.
“The London Ambulance Service had everyone stabilised at the scene.”
You may also want to watch:
The female driver of the other car was treated at the scene by paramedics before both were taken to Newham General Hospital.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 3 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 7 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 10 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow