Man suffers severe burns in Stratford hotel fire
- Credit: Archant
A man has suffered severe burns after a fire broke out at a Stratford hotel.
Emergency services were called at about 10.40am on Friday after a room caught fire on the third floor of the Holiday Inn Express London Stratford Hotel.
Around 75 guests and staff members were evacuated as crews from Stratford, Poplar and Plaistow, tackled the fire.
One man was taken to the Royal London hospital. His condition is believed to be serious.
Julian Hudson, General Manager of the hotel, said: “The safety of our guests and staff is our top priority. All safety and emergency procedures were activated immediately and guests were evacuated to Travel lodge hotel next door.
Emergency services were called to attend to one guest who has been injured. We can confirm that there are no other casualties.
We are continuing to liaise with the hospital to check on the guest’s well-being.”
- 1 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 6 Things to do in east London this weekend
- 7 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 8 Hammers fans show support for Christmas Toy Appeal
- 9 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 10 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
The fire was under control by about 12.10pm.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Are you near the scene? Call Seema on 020 8477 3879 or email firstname.lastname@example.org