Man struck by falling metal at Westfield Stratford City
A man is being treated in hospital for leg injuries today after he was hit by a falling piece of metal at Westfield Stratford City.
Police and paramedics attended the scene at around 3.20pm outside the North Ticket Hall on the ground floor.
It is understood he was struck by the metal, measuring approximately 20ft by 10ft, which came away from its hoarding.
The man was taken to hospital with leg injuries.
These pictures were captured by photographer and Stratford resident Joe Lord who was passing the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The health and safety team are investigating.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 9 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 10 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work