Man struck by falling metal at Westfield Stratford City
A man is being treated in hospital for leg injuries today after he was hit by a falling piece of metal at Westfield Stratford City.
Police and paramedics attended the scene at around 3.20pm outside the North Ticket Hall on the ground floor.
It is understood he was struck by the metal, measuring approximately 20ft by 10ft, which came away from its hoarding.
The man was taken to hospital with leg injuries.
These pictures were captured by photographer and Stratford resident Joe Lord who was passing the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The health and safety team are investigating.
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation