Man pleads not guilty to mum’s murder in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
A man accused of killing his mum at their Stratford home has pleaded not guilty to murder.
Phyllis Hayes, 65, was found suffering with multiple stab wounds at her home in Idmiston Road, on June 11. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Officers later charged the victim’s son, Mark Hayes, 38, also of Idmiston Road, with murder.
He was also charged with attempted arson with intent to endanger life at the same address and the attempted murder of a man in Tilbury, Essex.
Mr Hayes appeared at Chelmsford Crown Court earlier today and pleaded not guilty to all three charges.
You may also want to watch:
He is due to stand trial beginning on November 23.
- 1 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 2 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 5 Neighbours call for mortuary car wash plans to be reversed
- 6 Manor Park Fitness Centre closing to make way for 'affordable' homes
- 7 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 8 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 9 Pressure mounts on town hall with second Stratford Circus protest
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences