Man pleads not guilty to mum’s murder in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
A man accused of killing his mum at their Stratford home has pleaded not guilty to murder.
Phyllis Hayes, 65, was found suffering with multiple stab wounds at her home in Idmiston Road, on June 11. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Officers later charged the victim’s son, Mark Hayes, 38, also of Idmiston Road, with murder.
He was also charged with attempted arson with intent to endanger life at the same address and the attempted murder of a man in Tilbury, Essex.
Mr Hayes appeared at Chelmsford Crown Court earlier today and pleaded not guilty to all three charges.
You may also want to watch:
He is due to stand trial beginning on November 23.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 3 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 4 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 5 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 6 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 7 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 8 Primary school recognised for supporting pupils' mental wellbeing
- 9 Plaistow woman shaves her head for charities
- 10 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen