Man killed after being hit by train at Stratford station
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after being hit by a train at Stratford station.
Disruption to train services is expected to last until at least 2pm.
Emergency services were called to the station at 9.32am this morning but the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
The incident happened on platform 10.
British Transport Police have said the death is not being treated as suspicious and they are working to identify the man and inform his family.
You may also want to watch:
Following the incident, services between Stratford and Tottenham Hale were currently unable to run and London Overground services were being delayed by up to 20 minutes to and from Stratford.
Greater Anglia have said that services to and from Liverpool Street via Shenfield are now running but some services may be cancelled.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
Services running through Stratford may also be cancelled or delayed by up to an hour.