Man is found dead in stairwell at Manor Park tower block
Police probe death of man at Manor Park tower block
Police are investigating after a man was found dead at a Newham tower block.
Scotland Yard revealed today that officers were called at around 9.20am on Sunday to Arthur Walls House, in Grantham Road, Manor Park, following reports of a man collapsed in a stairwell.
Paramedics from London ambulance Service attended. The man, aged around 36, was pronounced dead at the scene at 9.30am.
A Scotland Yard spokesman said: “We believe we know the man’s identity, but await formal identification. Next of
kin have yet to be informed.”
The death is currently being treated as unexplained. The Homicide and Serious Crime Command has been informed.
- 1 60 firefighters deal with Plaistow tower block fire
- 2 Revealed: Cause of terraced houses blaze in East Ham
- 3 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
- 4 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 5 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 6 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 7 Series of failures sees Met Police placed under special measures
- 8 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
- 9 Drone images of Newham tower block blaze
- 10 Manor Park blaze: 100 firefighters get tower block fire under control
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue
Walthamstow Coroner’s Office are waiting the results of a post mortem examination