Man involved in an accident with car in Plaistow
A 30-year-old man has sustained multiple injuries after he was involved in an accident with a car in Plaistow.
Police were called to the scene of an accident at 9.55am near the Abbey Arms pub.
A spokesman for the London Ambulance Service said: “We were called just before 10am to reports of a road traffic collison involving a car on Barking Road.
“We sent two ambulance crews and an air ambulance and a duty officer to the scene. Our staff treated one patient and took him to hospital as a priority to the major treatment facility at The Royal London.
You may also want to watch:
“He was not taken by air ambulance but a doctor from the service rode with him to the hospital.”
Due to the incident, the A124 at Barking Road is closed in both directions between the Alexandra Street junction and the B116 Balaam Street junction.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 4 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 7 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 8 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020
- 9 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 10 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project