Man involved in an accident with car in Plaistow
A 30-year-old man has sustained multiple injuries after he was involved in an accident with a car in Plaistow.
Police were called to the scene of an accident at 9.55am near the Abbey Arms pub.
A spokesman for the London Ambulance Service said: “We were called just before 10am to reports of a road traffic collison involving a car on Barking Road.
“We sent two ambulance crews and an air ambulance and a duty officer to the scene. Our staff treated one patient and took him to hospital as a priority to the major treatment facility at The Royal London.
“He was not taken by air ambulance but a doctor from the service rode with him to the hospital.”
Due to the incident, the A124 at Barking Road is closed in both directions between the Alexandra Street junction and the B116 Balaam Street junction.
- 1 'Strict licensing laws and pandemic to blame for Newham exodus,' letting agent claims
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 4 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 5 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 6 Play gives young people insight on violence against women
- 7 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
- 8 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 9 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 10 Harry Smith and Aaron Drinan forming a strong partnership for Leyton Orient