Man involved in an accident with car in Plaistow
A 30-year-old man has sustained multiple injuries after he was involved in an accident with a car in Plaistow.
Police were called to the scene of an accident at 9.55am near the Abbey Arms pub.
A spokesman for the London Ambulance Service said: “We were called just before 10am to reports of a road traffic collison involving a car on Barking Road.
“We sent two ambulance crews and an air ambulance and a duty officer to the scene. Our staff treated one patient and took him to hospital as a priority to the major treatment facility at The Royal London.
You may also want to watch:
“He was not taken by air ambulance but a doctor from the service rode with him to the hospital.”
Due to the incident, the A124 at Barking Road is closed in both directions between the Alexandra Street junction and the B116 Balaam Street junction.
- 1 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 7 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 8 East Ham Central welcomes new Labour councillor
- 9 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 10 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries