Man in 'critical condition' after crash in Canning Town
- Credit: Google
A man who was involved in a crash in Canning Town is in hospital in a "critical condition".
The police were called to reports of the collision between a van and motorcycle in Silvertown Way at 10.44am on Wednesday, September 1.
Officers, the London Ambulance Service and London’s air ambulance attended.
The motorcyclist was rushed from Silvertown Way to a major trauma centre.
Yesterday (September 2), a Metropolitan Police spokesperson said: "The rider was taken to hospital where he remains in a critical condition."
The van driver stopped at the scene and no arrests have been made.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed to traffic while the emergency services were at the scene.
- 1 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 2 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 3 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 4 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 5 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 6 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 CCTV image released after rape reported in Forest Gate
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham