Man in court over Forest Gate murder
A MAN is due in court today charged in connection with a murder in Forest Gate.
Paulius Korsakas, 27, of no fixed address, will appear before Stratford magistrates to answer a single count of murder.
The body of 37-year-old Igor Vinogradov, also of no fixed address, was discovered at a squat in Capel Road on Monday afternoon.
A postmortem gave the cause of death as severe blunt trauma injuries to the head.
Neighbours say the semi-detached house where the body was found had been boarded up for several years.
You may also want to watch:
It is understood it had recently been taken over by squatters.
The property, which is opposite Wanstead Flats, has since been sealed off by police and officers have been stationed outside.
- 1 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 2 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 8 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
- 9 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation