Man in court over Forest Gate murder
A MAN is due in court today charged in connection with a murder in Forest Gate.
Paulius Korsakas, 27, of no fixed address, will appear before Stratford magistrates to answer a single count of murder.
The body of 37-year-old Igor Vinogradov, also of no fixed address, was discovered at a squat in Capel Road on Monday afternoon.
A postmortem gave the cause of death as severe blunt trauma injuries to the head.
Neighbours say the semi-detached house where the body was found had been boarded up for several years.
You may also want to watch:
It is understood it had recently been taken over by squatters.
The property, which is opposite Wanstead Flats, has since been sealed off by police and officers have been stationed outside.
- 1 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 4 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Update: Girl, 14, missing from East Ham found
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham