Man in court over Forest Gate murder
A MAN is due in court today charged in connection with a murder in Forest Gate.
Paulius Korsakas, 27, of no fixed address, will appear before Stratford magistrates to answer a single count of murder.
The body of 37-year-old Igor Vinogradov, also of no fixed address, was discovered at a squat in Capel Road on Monday afternoon.
A postmortem gave the cause of death as severe blunt trauma injuries to the head.
Neighbours say the semi-detached house where the body was found had been boarded up for several years.
You may also want to watch:
It is understood it had recently been taken over by squatters.
The property, which is opposite Wanstead Flats, has since been sealed off by police and officers have been stationed outside.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 3 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 4 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 5 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 6 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 7 West Ham sign World Cup-winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan
- 8 'Life-saving' service at Canning Town homeless charity scoops £150k
- 9 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 10 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead