Man in court for double murder seven years ago
A SUSPECTED gunman accused of a double murder seven years ago appeared at the Old Bailey today.
Mohammed Ayub Khan, 27, (pictured) is accused of shooting dead Amarjit Singh, 52, and his nephew Rajinder Singh, 35, in Forest Gate.
Khan, originally from Chigwell, Essex, had been one of Scotland Yard’s ‘Most Wanted’ before his arrest in Bangladesh last month.
He appeared in court by video link from prison for a short bail hearing and was remanded him in custody until early next February.
Amarjit and Rajinder Singh died on August 29, 2003, after being shot with a machine gun at the back of their Forest View Hotel in Atherton Mews.
You may also want to watch:
At the time police believed the Singhs were targeted during a row over a parking.
- 1 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 2 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 3 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 6 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 7 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 8 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show
- 9 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 10 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs