Man in court accused of murdering East Ham mother-of-two
A 45-year-old man has appeared at Stratford Magistrate’s Court this morning charged with killing a mother of two.
Abdul Kadir, of Kempton Road, East Ham, was charged with the murder of Mumtahina Jannat on July 5 in the same street.
He remained in custody at an east London police station and was remanded in court this morning until his next court appearance.
The mother of two girls, aged seven and nine, was discovered dead at her home in Kempton Road just before 1pm on Tuesday.
Officers pronounced the woman, who was in her late 20s, dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A post mortem examination carried out at East Ham Mortuary revealed gave the cause of death as strangulation.
An incident room has opened under Detective Chief Inspector Laurence Smith from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command (HSCC) on (020) 8345 3734.
- 1 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 6 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 7 Pearce believes camaraderie has given West Ham a chance of making Europe
- 8 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 9 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 10 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result