Man in court accused of murdering East Ham mother-of-two
A 45-year-old man has appeared at Stratford Magistrate’s Court this morning charged with killing a mother of two.
Abdul Kadir, of Kempton Road, East Ham, was charged with the murder of Mumtahina Jannat on July 5 in the same street.
He remained in custody at an east London police station and was remanded in court this morning until his next court appearance.
The mother of two girls, aged seven and nine, was discovered dead at her home in Kempton Road just before 1pm on Tuesday.
Officers pronounced the woman, who was in her late 20s, dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A post mortem examination carried out at East Ham Mortuary revealed gave the cause of death as strangulation.
An incident room has opened under Detective Chief Inspector Laurence Smith from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command (HSCC) on (020) 8345 3734.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 5 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking