Man in court accused of murdering East Ham mother-of-two
A 45-year-old man has appeared at Stratford Magistrate’s Court this morning charged with killing a mother of two.
Abdul Kadir, of Kempton Road, East Ham, was charged with the murder of Mumtahina Jannat on July 5 in the same street.
He remained in custody at an east London police station and was remanded in court this morning until his next court appearance.
The mother of two girls, aged seven and nine, was discovered dead at her home in Kempton Road just before 1pm on Tuesday.
Officers pronounced the woman, who was in her late 20s, dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A post mortem examination carried out at East Ham Mortuary revealed gave the cause of death as strangulation.
An incident room has opened under Detective Chief Inspector Laurence Smith from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command (HSCC) on (020) 8345 3734.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 8 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Stevenage and Leyton Orient still searching for a victory after stalemate at the Lamex