Man hit by train at Manor Park in East London pronounced dead
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A man hit by a train at Manor Park in East London has been pronounced dead.
Thousands of commuters were stranded earlier in the day after East Anglia trains to Liverpool Street were cancelled in either direction following the incident.
A spokeswoman for British Transport Police said: “Our officers were called to Manor Park station following reports at 1.14pm that a person had been struck by a train.
“Medics from London Ambulance Service also attended, but the person was pronounced dead at the scene.
“Enquiries are ongoing to establish the person’s identity and inform their family. A file will be prepared for the Coroner.”
You may also want to watch:
The Metropolitan Police also attended. The incident is being treated as non-suspicious.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 4 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 9 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 10 Antonio 'surprised' to score West Ham winner against Tottenham