Man hit by train at Manor Park in East London pronounced dead
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A man hit by a train at Manor Park in East London has been pronounced dead.
Thousands of commuters were stranded earlier in the day after East Anglia trains to Liverpool Street were cancelled in either direction following the incident.
A spokeswoman for British Transport Police said: “Our officers were called to Manor Park station following reports at 1.14pm that a person had been struck by a train.
“Medics from London Ambulance Service also attended, but the person was pronounced dead at the scene.
“Enquiries are ongoing to establish the person’s identity and inform their family. A file will be prepared for the Coroner.”
You may also want to watch:
The Metropolitan Police also attended. The incident is being treated as non-suspicious.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 3 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 4 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 5 West Ham start at Newcastle as Premier League fixtures released
- 6 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 7 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 8 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Rape survivor awarded British Empire Medal for services to community in pandemic