Man hit by bus in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
A man has been taken to hospital after being hit by a bus in Stratford.
Emergency services attended the scene in Romford Road, at the junction of Ferns Road and Tavistock Road, at about 8.30am this morning.
The victim was taken to hospital as a priority with non life-threatening injuries after being hit by the route 25 bus, operated by Tower Transit.
Romford Road was closed at Vicarage Lane as a result, with traffic continuing to be diverted.
Ken Davidson, TfL’s head of bus operations said: “At around 8:30am a route 25 bus, operated by Tower Transit, was involved in a collision with a male pedestrian at the junction of the A118 Romford Road and Tavistock Road, E15.
You may also want to watch:
“Emergency services attended the scene. There will be a full investigation into the incident.”
Romford Road has since reopened.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 3 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 6 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 7 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 8 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 'Hi-tech AI' butcher's shop opening in Stratford