Man gets life for Plaistow pub killing
A killer who stabbed an EastEnders extra to death will serve at least 17 years in prison after he dramatically changed his plea and admitted murder at the Old Bailey.
Brian Atkinson, 25, was captured on CCTV plunging a knife into the chest of 26-year-old Kevlin Eurie in front of shocked drinkers on October 16 last at a party at the Greengate pub, Plaistow.
He claimed he acted in self-defence but later admitted to murder when enhanced CCTV footage of the incident – the dark film was made brighter – emerged.
Atkinson had been attacked by Mr Eurie and members of his girlfriend’s family for getting her pregnant, when a drunken male guest caused a disturbance by using the women’s toilets.
He vowed revenge and at the party he plunged a knife into the right side of Kevlin’s chest.
You may also want to watch:
Atkinson, from Enfield, had originally denied murder. He was jailed for life.
In a statement read to the court, the victim’s mother Juliet Farrell said: “Brian Atkinson didn’t only take one life that day, he destroyed my life and the lives of his partner and son”.
- 1 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 2 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 8 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 9 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
The seven year-old is receiving counselling.