Man gets life for Plaistow pub killing
A killer who stabbed an EastEnders extra to death will serve at least 17 years in prison after he dramatically changed his plea and admitted murder at the Old Bailey.
Brian Atkinson, 25, was captured on CCTV plunging a knife into the chest of 26-year-old Kevlin Eurie in front of shocked drinkers on October 16 last at a party at the Greengate pub, Plaistow.
He claimed he acted in self-defence but later admitted to murder when enhanced CCTV footage of the incident – the dark film was made brighter – emerged.
Atkinson had been attacked by Mr Eurie and members of his girlfriend’s family for getting her pregnant, when a drunken male guest caused a disturbance by using the women’s toilets.
He vowed revenge and at the party he plunged a knife into the right side of Kevlin’s chest.
You may also want to watch:
Atkinson, from Enfield, had originally denied murder. He was jailed for life.
In a statement read to the court, the victim’s mother Juliet Farrell said: “Brian Atkinson didn’t only take one life that day, he destroyed my life and the lives of his partner and son”.
- 1 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 7 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 8 East Ham Central welcomes new Labour councillor
- 9 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 10 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
The seven year-old is receiving counselling.