Man gets life for Plaistow pub killing
A killer who stabbed an EastEnders extra to death will serve at least 17 years in prison after he dramatically changed his plea and admitted murder at the Old Bailey.
Brian Atkinson, 25, was captured on CCTV plunging a knife into the chest of 26-year-old Kevlin Eurie in front of shocked drinkers on October 16 last at a party at the Greengate pub, Plaistow.
He claimed he acted in self-defence but later admitted to murder when enhanced CCTV footage of the incident – the dark film was made brighter – emerged.
Atkinson had been attacked by Mr Eurie and members of his girlfriend’s family for getting her pregnant, when a drunken male guest caused a disturbance by using the women’s toilets.
He vowed revenge and at the party he plunged a knife into the right side of Kevlin’s chest.
You may also want to watch:
Atkinson, from Enfield, had originally denied murder. He was jailed for life.
In a statement read to the court, the victim’s mother Juliet Farrell said: “Brian Atkinson didn’t only take one life that day, he destroyed my life and the lives of his partner and son”.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
The seven year-old is receiving counselling.