Man dies in ‘suspicious’ house fire in East Ham
A MAN has died during a house fire in East Ham last night.
Firefighters found the body as they were tackling the blaze at the terraced house in Tilbury Road, shortly after 8pm.
A woman and her two children escaped from the fire and were taken to hospital by ambulance suffering from smoke inhalation, a spokesman for London Fire Brigade said.
More than 20 firefighters wearing breathing apparatus tackled the blaze at the family home.
Scotland Yard said it was believed the cause of the blaze was suspicious but detailed forensic examinations were now taking place.
You may also want to watch:
The Fire Brigade’s Fire Investigation Unit was probing the cause of the fire.
Four fire appliances were called to the blaze. The body of the man was found in a first floor bedroom.
- 1 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 4 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 5 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 6 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 7 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 8 Court date adjourned for Beckton man who sexually assaulted young girl
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
A post mortem will be carried out on the victim tomorrow at East Ham