Man dies in ‘suspicious’ house fire in East Ham
A MAN has died during a house fire in East Ham last night.
Firefighters found the body as they were tackling the blaze at the terraced house in Tilbury Road, shortly after 8pm.
A woman and her two children escaped from the fire and were taken to hospital by ambulance suffering from smoke inhalation, a spokesman for London Fire Brigade said.
More than 20 firefighters wearing breathing apparatus tackled the blaze at the family home.
Scotland Yard said it was believed the cause of the blaze was suspicious but detailed forensic examinations were now taking place.
The Fire Brigade’s Fire Investigation Unit was probing the cause of the fire.
Four fire appliances were called to the blaze. The body of the man was found in a first floor bedroom.
- 1 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Inside east London's new £30m Olympic-size ice centre
- 3 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 4 E-fit released after woman sexually assaulted in Newham
- 5 Manor Park house fire leaves adults and child in hospital
- 6 Have you seen Lisa, 47, who is missing from Forest Gate?
- 7 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 8 London City Airport bid to ease Saturday flight ban sparks anger
- 9 Architects chosen to lead 1,750 home Canning Town masterplan design
- 10 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
A post mortem will be carried out on the victim tomorrow at East Ham