Man dies following Stratford hotel fire
PUBLISHED: 18:46 06 May 2015 | UPDATED: 18:29 07 May 2015
A man has died after a fire broke out in a Stratford hotel last week.
Emergency services were called at about 10.40am on Friday after a room caught fire on the third floor of the Holiday Inn Express London Stratford Hotel.
Around 75 guests and staff members were evacuated as crews from Stratford, Poplar and Plaistow, tackled the fire in Stratford High Street.
A 44-year-old man had suffered severe burns as a result of the blaze.
He was taken to Royal London Hospital but died of his injuries the same day,
The death is not being treated as suspicious.
Officers are awaiting formal identification.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Newham Recorder. Click the link in the orange box above for details.