Man dies at West Ham Tube station
A MAN died under the wheels of a train at West Ham Tube station today.
Though not formally identified the man is believed to be in his 50s and from the neighbourhood. His death is not being treated as suspicious.
The incident was at 9.38am and delayed trains for more than an hour.
A British Transport Police spokesman said: “BTP can confirm that a man has died after being struck by an eastbound District line train at West Ham Tube station today.
“The incident is being treated as non-suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
“BTP officers attended alongside paramedics from the London Ambulance Service and the London Fire Brigade
“The line was handed back to London Underground at 11.07am.”
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 5 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking