Man dies at West Ham Tube station
A MAN died under the wheels of a train at West Ham Tube station today.
Though not formally identified the man is believed to be in his 50s and from the neighbourhood. His death is not being treated as suspicious.
The incident was at 9.38am and delayed trains for more than an hour.
A British Transport Police spokesman said: “BTP can confirm that a man has died after being struck by an eastbound District line train at West Ham Tube station today.
“The incident is being treated as non-suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
“BTP officers attended alongside paramedics from the London Ambulance Service and the London Fire Brigade
“The line was handed back to London Underground at 11.07am.”
- 1 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 6 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 7 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 8 Pearce believes camaraderie has given West Ham a chance of making Europe
- 9 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 10 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result