Man dies after being hit by train at Manor Park
Commuters in Stratford were delayed for up to two hours last night after a man was struck by a train at Manor Park railway station.
Emergency services, including the air ambulance, were called to the scene shortly before 7pm.
Paramedics also attended the station, but the man, believed to be in his 20s and from the area, was pronounced dead.
A spokesman for the British Transport Police said the incident was currently being treated as non-suspicious
He has yet to be formally identified and his next of kin informed.
You may also want to watch:
The train involved was the 18:32 National Express East Anglia service from London Liverpool Street to Walton on the Naze.
Services resumed at around 7.40pm and control of the lines was handed back to Network Rail just before 8.30pm.
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 5 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
A post-mortem examination will be carried out at Walthamstow Coroners’ Court and an inquest opened into his death.