Man arrested for ‘sexual assault’ in West Ham Park
- Credit: Archant
A teenage girl was allegedly sexually assaulted in West Ham Park on Tuesday afternoon.
Police were called to reports of screaming at 3.34pm and found a 17-year-old female who said she had been attacked.
A 39-year-old man was arrested at the scene and bailed to an east London police station until mid-August, pending further enquires.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Met’s Sexual Offences, Exploitation and Child Abuse Command on 020 8217 7474.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 3 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 8 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 'Hi-tech AI' butcher's shop opening in Stratford