Man arrested after falling from top floor of Westfield and injuring woman
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after falling from the top floor of Westfield Shopping Centre in Stratford.
Officers were called to the centre at about 4pm yesterday (Wednesday) to reports of a man fallen from a height and a woman injured.
Witnesses described seeing the man fall from the top floor and landing on the woman.
Both were taken to hospital, and while their injuries aren’t life-threatening, the woman’s are believed to be life-changing.
The 24-year-old man was arrested at hospital on suspicion of grevious bodily harm and reckless endangerment of life. He remains at hospital.
You may also want to watch:
A Westfield spokesman said: “We are deeply saddened to learn that a woman injured yesterday is believed to have life-changing injuries. Our thoughts are with her and the family.
“The safety and security of our customers is our highest priority and our security team were immediately at the scene to help. We are continuing to offer support to the emergency services as they investigate the incident.”
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 6 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
- 7 Half of people in Newham may have had Covid-19, analysis reveals
- 8 'Kindly keep out of Stratford': Johnson criticised over cycling trip
- 9 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 10 Deputy chairperson of Newham Council suspended by Labour Party