Make a Difference community festival hosted in East Ham and Plaistow
Just days after they’re treated to a free four-day music extravaganza Newham residents canenjoy another free community festival.
Starting on Friday, the Making a Difference Festival features three days of music, theatre, film, dance (watching or doing), debate, reflection, social action and engagement, all designed to help improve the community.
The action will be happening at a variety of venues along Barking Road in Plaistow and East Ham. There will also be a mobile music studio and all events will accessible by public transport so no one need worry about parking.
Organisers will convert churches into theatre spaces and caf�s into debating venues, use cinemas to screen films and stages to present theatrical shows, plus there will be workshops, discussions, food for sale and more.
Ann Easter, one of the steering group members, called the festival “the church’s gift to the borough” and added: “We wanted it all in Barking Road because there is so much focus on Stratford at the moment.”
You may also want to watch:
The festival is being run by a group of Newham-based organisations crossing barriers of denominations, gender and race.
The event will also seek to look beyond the constraints of poverty, intolerance, disability and alienation through celebration while also addressing how the community can bring about the changes it desires.
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
For details go to www.makingadifference.org.uk