Mail delivery changes in Manor Park
Residents and businesses across Manor Park will soon be noticing changes to the way and times they receive their post.
As part of phased changes, introduced during the first week of July, postmen and women will be delivering over a longer space of time and the time at which mail is delivered will vary depending on where addresses are on new delivery routes. For some this could be later or possibly earlier than current delivery times.
Where mail volumes vary, Royal Mail may need to adjust delivery arrangements and times. The organisation is writing to every home and business in Manor Park about the changes.
A spokesman for Royal Mail said: “The way in which we communicate with each other has changed dramatically. Unfortunately, fewer letters are now posted every day and Royal Mail needs to organise its delivery routes to be as efficient as possible. We also deliver more larger items and so we are investing in new equipment to carry these items.
He said the new equipment would also reduce the risk of injury to postmen and women from carrying heavier mail bags.
Steve Borley, Royal Mail’s Delivery Sector Manager, said: “We are proud of the high regard in which our postmen and women are held in Manor Park. The changes to delivery routes will mean that a member of our local and experienced team will still be delivering to our customers in Manor Park.”
- 1 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 2 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 3 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 4 Fire breaks out in Canning Town house
- 5 Police investigate fire at derelict Forest Gate church
- 6 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 7 New Upton Park diner offers free burgers to first 100 customers
- 8 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 9 One arrest, man in hospital after Stratford station attack
- 10 Sixth form rated Outstanding in all categories by Ofsted