Mail delivery changes in Manor Park
Residents and businesses across Manor Park will soon be noticing changes to the way and times they receive their post.
As part of phased changes, introduced during the first week of July, postmen and women will be delivering over a longer space of time and the time at which mail is delivered will vary depending on where addresses are on new delivery routes. For some this could be later or possibly earlier than current delivery times.
Where mail volumes vary, Royal Mail may need to adjust delivery arrangements and times. The organisation is writing to every home and business in Manor Park about the changes.
A spokesman for Royal Mail said: “The way in which we communicate with each other has changed dramatically. Unfortunately, fewer letters are now posted every day and Royal Mail needs to organise its delivery routes to be as efficient as possible. We also deliver more larger items and so we are investing in new equipment to carry these items.
He said the new equipment would also reduce the risk of injury to postmen and women from carrying heavier mail bags.
You may also want to watch:
Steve Borley, Royal Mail’s Delivery Sector Manager, said: “We are proud of the high regard in which our postmen and women are held in Manor Park. The changes to delivery routes will mean that a member of our local and experienced team will still be delivering to our customers in Manor Park.”
- 1 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 2 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 8 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
- 9 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation