M’Poku set for O’s stay as Slade reshapes his squad
A busy week of transfer activity at Brisbane Road see’s Tottenham youngster sign on until the end of the season.
TOTTENHAM winger Paul-Jose M’Poku will be staying at Brisbane Road for the rest of the season.
The Belgium under-19 international has been with the O’s since late September and has become an increasingly influential figure in the side.
As revealed a couple of weeks ago, Orient boss Russell Slade was expecting the Spurs man to stay for the rest of the season and the news was officially released on Monday. M’Poku has scored twice in nine starts and has made a further five from the substitutes’ bench.
His loan spell expired after Saturday’s game at Norwich, but he will now stay until May 31.
You may also want to watch:
M’Poku has been joined by Tottenham team-mate, 17-year-old striker Harry Kane, on a similar deal.
Kane was on the bench at Norwich after his registration was rushed through. He has represented England at under-19 level and scored 18 goals in 22 games for Spurs’ under-18 team last season.
- 1 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 2 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 3 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 4 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 5 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 6 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 7 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 8 Campaigners protest City Farm closure at Town Hall with 6,000-strong petition
- 9 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 10 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
O’s boss Slade said: “We’re really happy Harry has joined us. He is a player we have watched several times and I’m sure he will make an impact with us.”
Also joining the O’s until the end of the season is defender Andrew Whing. The 26-year-old’s loan spell at Brisbane Road ended after the Colchester game, but when he returned to the Withdean his contract was cancelled and Slade moved quickly to sign him.
“We’re delighted to bring Andy here until the end of the season,” he said. “He’s done well during his loan period and has added greater depth to our defence, particularly given his versatility.
“I’m still looking to strengthen the defensive unit and I’m sure there’s still some wheeling and dealing to be done in the transfer window yet.”
Orient have been linked with Newcastle Benfield striker John Campbell, but any further arrivals after that are likely to depend on whether Slade can move any of his current fringe players on.
The club have released James Walker after his short-term contract came to an end. While Mike Cestor has joined Boreham Wood on loan and Josh Millwood and Harry Beautyman have joined Hastings United on similar deals.