Lyn Brown MP presents cheque to Macmillan after cake sale
- Credit: Archant
West Ham MP Lyn Brown has presented a cheque to Macmillan after raising money for the charity with a cake sale.
She was helped by the Forest Gate WI to produce the cakes, which were sold at Newham Dockside.
With the ingredients donated by Waitrose and Tate & Lyle, the cupcakes and sponges were snapped up to raise £1,772.43 for the charity, which supports cancer patients and their carers.
Lyn said: “I am delighted to have been able to make this donation to a cause so close to many of us.
“I’m glad that so many people came to show their support for the fantastic work Macmillan does on a daily basis.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to say a very big thank you to Waitrose and to Tate and Lyle, as well as to all of those who came down for some cake.”
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 6 Half of people in Newham may have had Covid-19, analysis reveals
- 7 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
- 8 'Kindly keep out of Stratford': Johnson criticised over cycling trip
- 9 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 10 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash