Lyn Brown MP presents cheque to Macmillan after cake sale
- Credit: Archant
West Ham MP Lyn Brown has presented a cheque to Macmillan after raising money for the charity with a cake sale.
She was helped by the Forest Gate WI to produce the cakes, which were sold at Newham Dockside.
With the ingredients donated by Waitrose and Tate & Lyle, the cupcakes and sponges were snapped up to raise £1,772.43 for the charity, which supports cancer patients and their carers.
Lyn said: “I am delighted to have been able to make this donation to a cause so close to many of us.
“I’m glad that so many people came to show their support for the fantastic work Macmillan does on a daily basis.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to say a very big thank you to Waitrose and to Tate and Lyle, as well as to all of those who came down for some cake.”
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 3 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 8 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 'Hi-tech AI' butcher's shop opening in Stratford